New Customers Only | Commercial content | 18+
If Corsica is obviously not the most prestigious vineyards of French vineyards, the island has strong arguments to enforce compare to Bordeaux or Burgundy (more than 2000 hectares of cultivated vineyards and some great names). In fact, its location and weather make quality of Corsican wines must be compared with the Italian or Spanish more than with those of Bordeaux wines. Find below the best bottles and some addresses where to find them.
List of the best wines
If Corsica has no equivalent of Château Cheval Blanc, some castles are worth a visit. In red wines, here are the top tasted and approved by the editor:
- Domaine Torraccia, Niellucciu, 2011
- Domaine Arena, Lisandra, 2011
- Abbatucci field, Faustina 2010
- Domaine Antoine Arena, Morta Maïo 2009
- Clos Canarelli, Figari 2010
- Clos Poggiale Rouge 2007
- Domaine Renucci Cuvée Vignola 2009
- Domaine E-Croce Yves Leccia, YL Cuvée 2011 (90/100 by Robert Parker)
- Antoine Arena Patrimonio Morta Maïo 2004
Where to buy Corsican wines
Quality produced by the beauty island is very heterogeneous, and you must be careful before buying. The wine list above may be purchased at the following sites:
- Majestic : very nice selection of Corsican wines, starting around € 10, which applies to our promo code
- Uvinum : the private sales site boasts the widest range of wines from the island of beauty (enjoy our discount code to qualify for immediate delivery)
- All Wine Star : This site can offer you a smaller but essentially old wine (prior to 2005), powerful and full-bodied wines. Winespromotions also proposes you an exclusive voucher.
Do not hesitate to share your impressions of these wines.